Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bulletin Boards

Today I went into school for a few hours to work on my bulletin boards outside my classroom.  I have one large one and a smaller one that I use to display artwork.  Until I get our first projects finished, I always try to put stuff on the bulletin boards that will relate to what the art theme is for the year.  This year is nature!

I cut apart some old calendars, used some of my scrapbooking paper, and found some cool photos of nature through a Google search.

For this board, I went through my art examples and pulled out some examples that my students should recognize, particularly VanGogh and Monet.

Such a bad picture, but this is my "No Name" bin in the front of the room.

I also started decorating my door, but it's not finished yet so I don't want to share!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH. A "no name" bin. GENIUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the no name bin! One of the middle school art teachers has a clothes line in the back of his room, if it has no name it gets " hung out to dry" and you have to go search for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen various examples of the no name clothesline/clothespin strip on pinterest too! If I had the wall space reachable to the younger students I'd rather do that version than the bin. I dont like the idea of students handling others artwork, especially since the ones who don't put their names on are usually the less careful ones...but I'd rather do the bin than spend five minutes every class trying to figure out whose paper is whose!

    ReplyDelete