Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mrs. Impey...Substitute Teacher???

Well, today was my day off, however I still had to go in to do art club at the end of the day.  Yesterday, they called over the PA system that they were short on subs for Today, so I volunteered to come in and sub for the after noon for one of our kindergarten teachers.  Which reminds me why I'm glad to be a special area teacher!

I don't know how classroom teachers do it, but I don't think I would be able to stand having the same kids, all day, every day for an entire school year...and I was only subbing for the afternoon!

Makes me think that if I hadn't chosen art for my field in education, I would probably hate being a teacher!  I thoroughly enjoy having a different class every 40 minutes.  I realized today that even though I might complain sometimes about have to come up with filler projects, or a new, spiced up version of an old art project to do with my kids, I'd rather have that worry than have to plan math and ELA lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment