Saturday, December 29, 2012

Recap: Last Week of School Before Christmas Break!

I figured it would just be easier to recap what I accomplished on the last week of school before Christmas break...I already shared my Living Christmas Tree group game/project that I did with a few groups...here's what else we did!

During one of my free periods, I had three 5th grade girls come down during their study hall to work more on the mural.  It was calling to me!


I'm going to have them add some darker red to the coral on the right to give it more depth, and then we need to paint the details on the star fish and finish the seaweed on the left.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of our poinsettia bowls made it through the bisque fire!  Woohoo!  Unfortunately, we weren't able to get them glazed in time to take home for Christmas, but that's okay...it means the kids will be more likely to let me hold onto them for the art show at the end of the year!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd graders started their second birch tree project...this time we are doing winter birch trees.  We reviewed how to create depth in a landscape using a great power point I found on the SmART Teacher website.  They drew their details in, and when we come back from break, I will show them another power point about painting snowy landscapes with watercolor paint.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, for a filler project with my kindergartners, we did Santa drawings for their last art class before break.  We drew Santa using shapes.  I drew one step, and then had them draw it, and so on and so forth.

My Santa drawing is on the right...






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And last but not least, we finished our checkerboard game boards.  If the boards were cracked, I had the kids glue them to cardboard first, and then onto felt.  If they weren't broken, they just glued them to the felt.  I sprayed them with a glossy fixative spray afterwards, since it would be difficult to clear glaze them with all the broken boards.

When we get back, I'll give the students two class periods to paint their checker pieces, and then I'll give them one day to play their games in pairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment