Monday, October 21, 2013

Studio Art: Superhero Progress

Here is some of the progress on our Picasso/cubist inspired superheroes.  They're turning out so awesome I can't help but share the in-progress photos!  It's looking like these paintings are going to take just about everyone a full two weeks of class time to complete, which is pretty awesome in my mind because it means they're all taking it seriously!

As I said in my last post, we started our painting by using the acrylic pumice and modeling gel to create texture.  Thursday and Friday last week, the students worked on painting their backgrounds.  In both classes, a few finished up their backgrounds today.  About half started onto their superhero's body today.  These students will have a quiz on Wednesday about the painting portion of our 2-D unit and then will have until Friday to complete these paintings.  I can't wait to be able to hang them in the hallways!







No comments:

Post a Comment